Friday, August 29, 2014

10 Reasons Why I Love the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

 
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in my favorite case.
by A.L. Woods, Staff Writer

I'm a techie girl at heart. If it's a computer, portable music player, e-reader, or just a tech gadget in general, I can tell you in advance that I love it. My primary passion though is cell phones, and my absolute favorite at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Here are my top 10 reasons why I love this phone:
  1. Operating system (OS). The Galaxy Note 3 is an Android phone, and Android powers phones to do just what I need them to do.
  2. Huge screen. At 5.7" the screen is the perfect size for over-50 eyes and for fingers used to speed typing on a standard-size keyboard.
  3. Stylus. This is what truly sets this phone apart from its competitors. It's not just that you can use it as a pen to type in text. The power is that you can use it as a controller to command the phone to do actual tasks.
  4. Battery life. Although I've received decent battery life from some of the phones that I've had in the past, the Galaxy Note 3 is a beast in this area. I'm a power user, constantly checking email, social media, and sending and receiving texts during the day, yet by the end of the evening I still have at least 20% left on a charge. This is even taking into account the fact that I like a bright screen, so I don't set mine on auto; I have it geared up to its full brightness.
  5. Memory. Again, I'm a power user, and one of the things that I like about this phone is that it multitasks. Multitasking requires a higher reserve of memory, and with 3 GB of RAM it handles anything that I throw at it efficiently.
  6. Computer in my pocket. The Note 3 is the next best thing to carrying around a computer in your pocket. Almost anything that I do on my desktop or laptop I can do on this phone. Don't get me wrong; it will never replace my computers, but it certainly enhances my ability to be more mobile with less poundage.
  7. Ergonomics. I love the way that the Galaxy Note 3 fits in my hand. It just feels right, and it's comfortable. It's large enough where I'm not always wary about dropping it, yet small enough that I don't feel that I'm toting a full-size tablet around.
  8. Customizations. I make this phone uniquely me. If I don't like the keyboard, I change it. If I don't like the wallpaper, I choose one that's more reflective of my personality. I can arrange the apps on my home screens in a format that's intuitive for me.
  9. Notification light. As a past Blackberry user, one of the things that I liked about that phone was the notification light -- something that I missed in my subsequent phones. With the Galaxy Note 3, the notification light is back! I can tell at a glance by the color whether I have email, texts, or other types of messages.
  10. Camera. The rear-facing camera is awesome. At 13MP my photos and videos come out with superb clarity. They've also really improved the auto-focus, minimizing blurriness and fuzziness.
These are only a few of my reasons. All in all, if you're looking for a powerhouse productivity and creativity device, take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

*Note: Rumor has it that the Galaxy Note 4 is scheduled for release in Fall 2014.

Sources:
Samsung
Android.com
GottaBeMobile.com
Personal experience
 
*Photo: (c) Angela Lane Woods
 
[Originally published on Yahoo! Voices on 06/15/2014 (no longer published there).]

No comments:

Post a Comment